Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Fun with RPC

The students who were absent yesterday started their research projects. It was so fun to say to them"you assignement for today is create a RPC for this project, print it and write down all the answers to Step 1." They all knew what they were doing and got busy. One student who was new this quarter needed help, but not with finding things on my website, other studnets showed her where to go and how to complete everything she just was asking for more information about the RPC!!! She's so excited to have this as a tool for next year at college.

Also today as the studnets went more in depth about their topics they were calling me over to ask my opinion about the reliability of different websites. Whoooda thunk it!!!

Tomorrow I have a challenge, due to IB testing several students will be absent I need to find the right place for a podcast of the lecture they will miss. I'm hoping the district can support it and I can keep it on my web page at school. I will check this afternoon.

Thanks for this opportunity. Over the summer I may even come back here to blog and share my experiences as I learn and do more with the tools I've learned about here.

No comments: